- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
- HOW WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING
Elios clinics follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
We may collect, record, organise, structure, store, adapt, alter, retrieve, consult, use, disclose by transmission, disseminate or otherwise make available, align or combine, restrict, erase or destroy the following types of personal information about you:
- Personal details such as name and title
- Contact details such as addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses
- Date of birth
- NHS number
- If you are a doctor, your GMC registration details
- Gender Marital status and dependants
- Bank account or debit/credit card details
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website or by other means, the fulfilment of your instructions and any subsequent communications with you about any of these
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
We may also collect, store and use the following sensitive personal information:
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We may collect personal information directly from an individual:
- when you provide information in relation to services we might provide to you;
- when you submit an enquiry about our services; when you sign up to our mailing list;
- and when you provide personal information directly to members of our team;
We may also collect personal information about individuals from other sources such as:
- Doctors and/or other medical professionals who refer you to us
- We will only collect personal information to the extent that it is required for the specific purpose notified to individuals about whom we are collecting – and we will keep it only as long as is necessary.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use personal information when the law allows us to do so and relying on a relevant basis for lawful processing in each instance. We will use your personal information in the following circumstances, relying on the basis of processing indicated:
Basis of processing:
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us (contact details).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (contact details, medical information, payment information).
Basis of processing:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and we have undertaken an assessment to determine that processing for those interests (listed below) does not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights, considering the nature and impact of the processing and any relevant safeguards we can put in place.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device (online identifiers, location data and other technical information).
- To provide you with information, products or services that we feel may interest you, (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes to the extent consent is required by law) (contact details and any information relating to personalisation preferences).
- Where you are a referring doctor, to contact you and verify any details relating to your practice and/or the client in question (contact details, GMC registration).
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so (online identifiers, location data and other technical information).
- To notify you about changes to our service (contact details).
- To maintain a basic amount of information about you and your transaction history, in order to provide you with a service tailored to your preferences (contact details, payment history and any information relating to personalisation status).
Basis of processing:
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- To retain basic transaction details for the purpose of tax reporting or updating medical records (contact details and transaction history).
Basis of processing:
- Where you have consented to the processing.
To use non-essential cookies on our website (see “Cookies” section below for further information) (online identifiers, location data and other technical information). You have the right to withdraw consent to such use at any time by contacting us but please note that some or all parts of our website may no longer be accessible to you. To send you direct marketing communications via email, text message, post or telephone call (contact details). You have the right to withdraw consent to any such use at any time by contacting us.
Other issues about how we use personal information:
Please note that we may process your personal information for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Please contact our Information Officer if you need details about the specific legal basis we are relying on to process your personal information – contact details are below.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Please contact us if you would like further details of any additional purposes of processing. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so. Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services).If this happens, we may have to cancel, or be unable to provide, any services you have requested.
If you provide us with any personal information relating to relatives, partners or other individuals it is your duty to make such persons aware that their personal information may be shared with us and to provide them with appropriate information about how their personal information may be processed by us.
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision relevant to you without human intervention.
We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
Our Advertising Partners
Elios Clinics may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyse the use of our service.
Google Ads Google Ads remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Twitter Twitter remarketing service is provided by Twitter Inc. You can opt-out from Twitter’s interest-based ads by following their instructions: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405
Facebook Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation. We may provide paid products and/or services within the service.
Note that Elios clinics has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Elios clinics does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Our Information Officer is responsible for how the Company deals with personal information and for ensuring compliance with GDPR and with this policy. The post of Information Officer is held by [email protected]. Any questions about the operation of this policy or any concerns that the policy has not been followed should be referred in the first instance to the Information Officer.